DAR members have two general classifications. Members who join between the ages of 18 and 36 are considered "Junior" members. Junior members have a traditional focus on supporting education-related efforts, and raise funds for the NSDAR national junior fund, the Helen Pouch Memorial Fund.
These grants are made possible through the National DAR Junior Membership Committee and the Helen Pouch Memorial Fund.
• Since its inception, the Helen Pouch Memorial Fund has traditionally supported the DAR’s mission of Education. The history of the fund has shown a desire by Juniors to help as many students as possible.
• Two grants are available for each state and the District of Columbia.
• Applicants must be a classroom teacher for grades kindergarten through 12th grade.
• Must be sponsored by a local DAR chapter and complete the grant award application.
• Proposed projects must directly benefit students in the classroom. Funds may be used for supplies and educational resources but the applicant must detail how these items help to further the educational goals of the DAR. Grants must directly impact students and may not be used for continuing education/workshops for the teacher.
Applications for the grant must be received by April 1, 2019. To request an application, contact Pioneer Chapter by clicking the button below. Do it today and you could WIN $500 for your classroom!
The content contained herein does not necessarily represent the position of the NSDAR. Hyperlinks to other sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.
Questions? E-mail Webmaster